Sunday, March 17

Benedict Shrugged ...

It's been a while since I've posted, but like Michael Corleone, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. That said, regarding the recent Conclave in Rome, well, I've been hesitant to comment. Now, after some reflection, I'm prepared to break my silence... Over the past three days, I've been making a sketch for a novel. It's a dystopian version of Mel Gibson's "The Passion" I'm calling "Benedict Shrugged -- aka Dead from Golgotha". (note the nod to Gore Vidal, included especially for readers of The New Yorker...) The cast, so far: Holy Mother Church = Jesus of Nazareth Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger = Judas Iscariot Angelo Cardinal Sodano = Caiaphas The Sanhedrin = Countless Cardinals, including Hummes, Mahony, Dolan, Danneels, et al Pope Francis = Pilate ("humble" version) Mob at trial = Catholic Bishops of the World Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre = John the Baptist Bishop Fellay = Peter More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home